Monday, June 15, 2015

6 Months


6 months?!?!   It has been 6 months?!!?! It is wild that 6 months has come and gone since they handed us our sweet Emma. It seems like she has been a part of our family for so much longer than that, so I have to remind myself pretty regularly that she hasn't been with us for all that long. She is learning more and more each day and I am blown away to see how much she has blossomed.
She is rocking speech therapy and the therapist have been so pleased with her progress. She still has a long way to go, but we celebrate every little step along the way!  She is "talking" more and more and has the "Emma Version" for lots of words. She LOVES to sing and dance. Girlfriend has got some rhythm!!! Her favorite songs to sing are The Wheels on the Bus, ABCs, Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, God our Father (blessing), Itsy Bitsy Spider, and in true American fashion, Let It Go.  
Mealtime is her favorite time of the day. She could eat all day long and has yet to refuse any food given to her!!!  It really is amazing that she still only weighs 21 pounds!!!  I called her a peanut the other day bc she is so tiny and she looked at me with the "no no scowl" that she loves to rock and said "I not peanut" very sternly!  She will stand at her high chair saying "nack" until I bring her some sort of snack. As soon as I put her in her chair, her sweet hands clasp together and she sings the blessing. It is my favorite thing that she does.
This girl has some sass!!!  I could not have imagined that so much personality could be packed in such a small human! She found EKs bow the other day and insisted that I put it in her hair. I love a big bow, but even I can admit that this is a tad bit too large for her!! She loved it though. 6 months ago, she was bald and now she can keep a super, jumbo bow in! That's some progress!!
So thankful for our precious girl! I can't imagine our lives without her and I can not wait to see what the next 6 months bring for our sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment