Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas in Madison

We had zero expectations for what Christmas would hold for our family this year. It all really was up to Emma. So, we planned to try and go to my parents to eat lunch and hopefully open presents. We ended up staying all day because things went really well (with exception to several meltdowns by the big kids. We were all exhausted!) I am so glad though for the special time with my family....meltdowns and all.
EK absolutely loved getting to play with Jordan and Ross while we were gone. They were so sweet to her and played and played all sorts of fun things with her.
Little Bit was a little doll. I still can't believe she is here!
Mom cooked a yummy brunch (which we ate after noon bc it took my crew forever to get over there and we were late. It's hard work getting 3 kids dressed and out the door!)

I love seeing my kids play together. Ella Kate is so mothering and precious to Emma.
Sweet girls. Emma has started taking a few steps and it is adorable. Haley has now been responsible for helping all 3 of my kids take their first steps. She's like the baby whisperer.

I do love some matching smocks!
Walker was excited for gifts but bless his heart, he fell asleep about halfway through the process.

Emma figured things out quickly too.
Love her.

Tools and fireman boots....he is such a little boy!
Opening gifts was tiring for Emma too. She cashed out midway through as well.

Jo and Ross gave EK this magic sand stuff. It is awesome. Super fun to play with but doesn't make a mess....perfection.





Walker got a remote control fire truck and had a big time driving it around the house.




Emma's first day home was tough for Walker.  He didn't like that I couldn't hold him when he wanted and it was so sad to see him upset. I can only imagine it being so confusing for him and I know it is hard to share the attention. But, there were moments of pure sweetness and everyday since, he is getting more and more comfortable with things. He constantly says "I wub her!" And I think he really does. It is a big change for everyone and I know it will take time for us all to find our new normal.



Pretty amazing that just 2 weeks ago, she couldn't stand on her own at all.

So thankful.
These two. Best buddies.

We had a great day celebrating together. 

We had a lovely day together. Emma is attaching beautifully and we are really looking to her to guide what we can and can not do. Now that Christmas is over, we will be keeping a pretty low profile for the next little bit as we continue to learn each other but we can't wait to be back to our normal activities. We are excited for you to meet our sweet baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment