Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Fun with my Favorites



Before heading out, we crammed a few more activities in just for fun.  Ella Kate and I went to see the Nutcracker on Sunday.  She loves ballet, and I love spending time with her so it was a win-win situation.
EK had to complete a gingerbread project for school.  Each student was assigned a state and EK was given Arizona.  I enlisted the help of Mary Anna because honestly, my mind was going in a million different directions and I couldn't think creatively at all.  I think the finished product is precious.  I'm not actually sure if people in Arizona wear large hair bows, but EK demonstrated a bit of artistic freedom.
Ella Kate's class play is this Thursday.  Since we will miss it, her sweet teacher let us come watch the practice yesterday.  I am so thankful that we were able to do that and the program was just precious.  I love seeing little children play the handbells.  There is just not much better.

After school, we went to visit Santa again.  After the disastrous attempt the other night, I just wanted one of EK and the big guy to add to our collection from the previous years.  There was no line and EK walked right up and sat down and they started to chat.  Walker was taking it all in and then said "I go see Santa and take my picture."  I was tickled to get my picture after all.  My kids visited for about 10 minutes with him.  I think he must have been bored and just enjoyed the company.  It was just perfect.
Next up was a trip to Build a Bear.  I must have been completely crazy to have attempted both Santa and BaB while flying solo but luckily no one was at the mall because it was during the school day. The Nelsons gave the kids each a gift card to make a new bear, so they wanted to do that and take their new ones with them while we were gone.  Walker chose a monkey and EK went for the Elsa 
bear....because one can never have too much Frozen gear.
Last night, we grabbed the kids happy meals and drove around to see the lights.  It was so special to spend the evening together!

No comments:

Post a Comment