Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve is a special anniversary for our little family. Two years ago on Christmas Eve, J and I drove our rental car back into Jackson at 11:30pm and our family of 5 was together for the very first time. We were exhausted, smelly and beyond disgusting after 48 hours of traveling but it was one of the sweetest moments that I will remember forever. Although I missed out on the airport homecoming I had envisioned upon our return from China, having our family at our home waiting to greet us was simply the perfect ending to that part of our journey. Two years. It seems like just yesterday and a lifetime ago at the same time. I'm so grateful for this family of mine and even more grateful for the gift of this season that we get to celebrate. 



No comments:

Post a Comment