Friday, May 1, 2015

Things I'm Loving

So, here are some things I am loving right now.

1.  Ella Kate reading.

 EK has become quite a good little reader. She has flown through her school book readers and now brings home textbook sized readers. She reads anywhere from 30-50 pages in them a day. The teacher in me is so proud.  The mama of 3 in me is exhausted after listening to her read that much all the while keeping the other two from killing each other and/or potentially burning the house down. 

2.  Dinner with my parents on Friday nights. 

For several weeks, we have met up with my folks for dinner. It's nice to get out and eat some yummy food and also visit together. Last Friday, we grabbed a tasty treat after dinner. It's safe to say that my littles inherited my love for wedding cake.  Gigi's wedding cake cupcakes are our favorite!
3.  Celebrating friends.

Our friend Spencer Evans turned 4 and we so enjoyed playing at his party.  We are so going to miss them when they move in a couple of months!
4.  Sweet sisters.

This is how I have been finding these two in the mornings. It seems that Emma wakes Ella Kate up and then EK climbs in her bed to play until I come in to get them. Bless it.

5. My D Group 
   
Haley and I lead a group of 7th grade girls each Wednesday night. This past week was our last night of the semester so we  celebrated with a color war. So much fun!
6.  Our house is getting a new look.

We are hoping to list our house in the next few weeks, so the outside is getting a much needed paint job! So thankful that the Nelsons came last weekend and pressure washed the whole thing so it would be ready for the painters! (And no, we aren't leaving the area, we are just going to see if we might be able to sell and move into a different house.)

7.  These seniors.

Seriously, I'm blown away by these students. They got together and bought us a gift card to our very favorite restaurant and then babysat our kids so we could enjoy a date night. My kids had the best time.  Walker even cried when the big kids left. I'm so thankful for the amazing students that love on our family and set such incredible examples for my kids.
8.  Finishing strong
    
EK has had a fabulous year at school and has done so well with all her work. She had her end of the year assessment on all 70+ popcorn words yesterday and scored a perfect score. As a reward, her teacher let them choose a coupon for something fun. She picked "bring a friend" so of course she took her doll Mary Reeves with her.

9.  Progress

Emma is doing so well in therapy. She is meeting with 2 different therapist each week and they have both been so pleased with her progress. She loves her time with these sweet ladies and we are thankful to see this sweet girl thrive!

10. The weekend

We have a big weekend ahead of us. Mom, EK and I are heading to see Frozen on Ice in NOLA. Nana is here for the weekend to play with middle and little. J is preaching on Sunday. It's senior Sunday as well so we get to honor an INCREDIBLE group of students and enjoy a crawfish boil in the afternoon. It's also the Gardens of Madison County which is our school's biggest fundraiser. I will be volunteering for that as well. Good stuff all around!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment