Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Year of the Sheep

Today was the Chinese New Year celebration downtown (as opposed to last weekend when I loaded everyone up and drug them downtown for the parade. Oops!)  We dressed in our red for good luck and of course took pictures by our Chinese paper lanterns before heading out to the big parade. 

It is the year of the sheep, so we made some little handprints on our "no snow" day this week.


We met up with the Wessons and the Hunsbergers.  It was fun to take in all the parade action with such sweet friends!
Kay Kay and G enjoyed the festivities with us.  I know I say this ALL the time, but I am so thankful to live in the same town as them!
In position and ready to see what we can see.
Walker had the best time with the dragon he made with Nana while she was here last week. He danced with it until it actually tore in half from overuse!

This dragon was my favorite!

This bunch had fun collecting beads, candy and fortune cookies!
Our favorite float...

Nothing says "Chinese New Year" like a middle school band from JPS!!! My kids thought they were awesome!!

I thought the American flag balloons were a nice touch on this truck! Too bad you can't see them very well in this picture!
I mistakingly thought that the mid 50s forecast would require jackets...negative.  It was WARM and EK was thankful that she brought along her fan to cool herself down!

We ate lunch after the parade at a very authentic Chinese restaurant (just kidding, we ate at Newk's) and then played a bit at the house before my parents went home.
Big...



Middle...
Little...


These 2 are best buddies.
I had such a fun time with this wild bunch! Love them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment