Thursday, February 12, 2015

Honest Abe

Way back in August at Back to School Night, the parents from Ella Kate's class signed up to be guest readers. I signed up for a day in the fall but I didn't pick a day for J. Honestly, I didn't want to obligate him to do it, but when I got home, he was not pleased that I left him out of the reading fun. I shouldn't have been surprised because it's right up his alley to do things like this. After all, he did receive the outstanding student teacher award!!! Anyway, he emailed EK's teacher and they came up with a day that would work. When she said the theme was President's Day he responded with "Great! I will come dressed up as Abraham Lincoln!!!" So, I give you "Honest Abe!"
Ella Kate was thrilled for her daddy to come to her class!!!
Sweet friends!
The guest reader also brings a special snack. Thanks Pinterest for the idea. The George cookie was a fail, but I think Abe looks pretty cute!
It's so fun to get a little look into what EK is up to at school! She adores her teacher and has made some precious friends.  So thankful for that! I'm also so very thankful for my sweet husband who actually wants to be involved in our kids lives!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment