Saturday, February 14, 2015

A Good Week

This week was really great. We weren't too busy (a relative term when talking about our normal schedule) and things just seemed to move along without any major hiccups. Thankful. Very thankful for that!!!!

The Nelsons were with us for a couple of days. We are thankful for all their help around the house and also for the extra hands to wrangle the little people! The weather was lovely, so we spent a good bit of time playing in the yard. It is good for all of us when we get to have time outside! I'm pretty much pretending that the forecast for this week doesn't exist because I like sunny and 65!!!!
Thanks Emma for the selfie. That girl loves a selfie.
And that boy loves some Emma.
It's been 2 months (tomorrow) since we met our little China doll. It is crazy how much she has grown and changed in just 2 months. She is truly amazing and we are so lucky to have her!!!


Walker got to have a fun play time with his best buddy Max. Sarah braved the children's museum with these wild boys. Bless her. Walker had a blast!
On Friday night, our friends the Christies invited Walker to the rodeo. They even brought him "cowboy clothes" so he could look the part. I guess they didn't trust my styling to dress him appropriately! I mean, nothing says rodeo to me more than a smocked shirt with Cowboys and horses on it!!! 😉 Anyway... They hooked him up with Wranglers, flannel, snake skin boots, and a belt...the boy was all set!!!!!

J said that Walker loved every minute but didn't understand why HE couldn't ride on the horses. He was a huge fan of the cotton candy and popcorn and thanks to such a fun night...he slept until 8:30 this morning !!!!! (In the bottom picture on the right, Walker is wearing Cadden's headband. Does he not look EXACTLY like Ella Kate?!?! I have never seen it until right now!!!!!) Thanks so much Jeff and Cadden for treating Walker to such a fabulous boys night out!!!!!!

We went to Newk's for a Valentine's Day lunch with my parents because we celebrate all major holidays, birthdays, special events and pretty much any available day of the week eating there. As we were leaving, Walker said "I want you to take my picture!"  We seem to always snap pictures outside the restaurant so if he was willing, I was ready. Love my little love bugs!!!!





Walker and I went with my parents (while J kept the girls at home) to watch the MRA girls play in the championship basketball game. We won!!!! Once we got home, J headed back to the game to watch the JA/MRA boys championship game. MRA won that one too. Proud for the Patriots (and sad for our church friends that go to JA)
It's hard to believe that we are half way through February! I guess it's true what they say "the days are long but the years are short!!!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment