Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve means Family Day!



One year ago today, J, Emma and I were making the drive from Dallas to Jackson thanks to our cancelled flight. We had been traveling for 36 plus hours and we were exhausted! Emma slept the whole way and woke just as we pulled in to Jackson at 11:15 pm. We walked into our house and were greeted by some pretty excited siblings and a hosts of aunts, uncles and grandparents who were anxiously waiting to meet Miss Emma. Although we didn't have the airport homecoming I had always envisioned, the intimacy of that time with our close family is something I will treasure forever. A whole year has passed since we officially became a family of five. This year has taught us more things than I could every adequately put into words but one theme that rings true is that we choose love. 


Our dear friend Joseph Craven put together a video showcasing our journey to get Emma and her arrival back home in Jackson. I cry each time I watch it and I am so thankful for this gift that he has
given us to celebrate her 1 year anniversary in this family. You can check it out by clicking on the links below. There are two different versions. The first one has narration by J which I didn't know he was doing, so it was super special for me to hear him share his heart!  The second one just has the song playing along with the pictures.



Happy Family Day, Miss Emma!

No comments:

Post a Comment