Monday, October 7, 2013

Starkville Fun

J and I had an absolutely fabulous day in Starkville...despite the outcome of the game.  Walker is just not ready to sit at the games, so the Nelsons were so kind to keep him again.  Ella Kate decided she didn't want to go to the game either because watching the Bulldogs makes her "just tired and yawn a whole lot."  Agreed.  My parents were not feeling 100%, so they stayed home.  All that to say, J and I were on our own and honestly didn't know what to do with ourselves! At one point, J was like "what  am I forgetting? I only have my phone and wallet."  No worries dear, that would just be the lack of 2 kids, diaper bags, sippy cups, strollers, etc!!!!!

We got to be a part of something pretty special.  Our dear friends the Gordons are bringing home baby Max from Ethiopia later this month!!!! When trying to decide on what we could do to celebrate Max, my friends and I came up with the idea to get a house keeper for the Gordons for several months so cleaning will be one less thing they have to worry about and more time can be focused on bonding with their sweet boy.
We presented a basket of cleaning supplies with notes from all the families that were involved.  There was a little poem telling them about their gift as well.  We hope they enjoy passing off the cleaning duties for a while and we are all so thrilled for little Max to get home!!!!
I love my friends!!!! We also found that it was much easier to get this picture than when we attempt with our combined 8 almost 9 kids!!!!
As we roamed around The Junction, we got to visit with some of our favorite people.  We LOVE sweet Emily Hayes! I pray that Ella Kate will grow up to be just like her and Walker will marry a girl just like her! She is amazing!!!!
One of the best parts of football season is that so many of my favorite people are all in the same place.  We got to visit at the Hattiesburg tent with these precious college kids and their families.  Such a great time!!!
While the game didn't end the way we would have liked, our day was just about perfect!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok just scrolled and saw this too! LOVE! BEST PRESENT EVER!!!! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete