Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Fall Festival

Tonight was the Fall Festival at JA and Ella Kate has been so very excited! She keeps telling people, "I'm going to be Dorothy from the Lizard of Oz and Brother is going to be the Scarecrow and he doesn't have a brain."  She's sweet like that.

This costume is so special to me.  Mamaw Porter made this dress for Haley to wear when she was little and I am so very thankful that my EK gets to wear a piece of my sweet Mamaw's handy work.  She LOVED Ella Kate so much so I know she would be thrilled to see my precious girl!!!
When I knew that EK would wear the Dorothy dress, it was only natural for this little guy to go with the theme as well!  A big thank you to my friend Kristen for letting us borrow the costume she made for her youngest when he was W's age.  I think he looks pretty adorable...but I know I'm partial!
Mom and Dad joined us for the Fall Festival and I am sure thankful for their willingness to help wrestle and wrangle this wild man!
EK had a ball playing in the jump houses/slides and she really loved getting prizes at the little game booths.

From the looks of things, EK may need to stick with dancing because her bball skills and amazing golfing abilities leave a lot to be desired!  Check out that technique!

      
     
  


We had such a fun night and are looking forward to more fall/Halloween fun in the next week!!!

1 comment: