Sunday, August 19, 2012

Our 80's Party

Tonight was our Back to School party for the student ministry.  Our theme this year was "The 80's."  The students love any excuse to dress up and they went all out with their bright makeup, big hair, leg warmers, and dudes in some short shorts...yikes!

Here is my little family in our 80's digs.  J is President Reagan and the kids and I  are in our tribute to NK0TB!!!  You know you are old and a child of the 80s when...a student asked who was on my shirt.  I told her and she said, "Oh yeah.  I have heard of them.  Weren't they Hispanic?  That's why they were called the New Kids.  Because they were immigrants."   Seriously??????????????? I almost cried.  I just had to walk away.



 Ella Kate loves all the attention she gets from all the "big kids."  She pretty much has them wrapped around her finger.  She got some jumping in and also some swimming in with her favorite babysitter Rachel.

"Get ready.  Get set. GOOOOOO!!!!!
 Walker just watched from the porch and flirted with all the girls.

A couple of my sweet D-group girls getting some loving in with Walker.

We had a great time kicking off the new school year!!! We are blessed to be a part of such an amazing group of students as well as extremely blessed to have so many parents and adults to help us along the way!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment