Thursday, June 2, 2016

Farm Fun

Our adventure continued with the most fabulous day at my cousin's farm which is not too far from Jordan's town. Tyler slaved over the grill all day and created the most delicious spread for us all to enjoy. I'm so glad it worked out for us all to get together and visit!  

The Porter grandkids. I love when we are all together!  We laughed a ton and just had an incredible time catching up with one another. Tyler and Liz's house is absolutely precious and I'm so thankful that they were willing to host us. 
Uncle Rich took us on a tour of their land. It is amazingly beautiful!  He and Tyler have done so much work over the last year and a half clearing trees, cutting trails, planting in the fields, and building all sorts of things. They have done a fabulous job!
EK loved riding on the 4 wheeler. Please don't have a heart attack, Daddy!  It never went above 3 mph and Uncle Rich and I were both holding on to her the whole time as we went around the farm. 

We got to see where my Aunt Diane and Uncle Rich are going to build their house. It overlooks the river and is an absolutely stunning view!  I can't wait to go back when the house is complete and stare at that view from their porch!
One of the biggest treats for me was getting to see my cousin Katie! I was so excited when I found out she would be in Virginia for the weekend!  Our visits are too short and not often enough!  Love her!!!
EK found some rocks while we were exploring. She collected a few treasures before heading back to Tyler's house. 
She and Uncle Rich were inseparable!  
What is it about a big, beautiful field that just makes you want to frolic?  

Lots of furry friends were in attendance as well! Aunt Diane was hopeful that we could get a picture of all 6 pups. It did not go very well!
EK had the best time playing with the dogs. She loves Bo!
She loves Zeke, too.
They practiced all of his tricks and I'm fairly certain she fed him way too many treats!

Our visit to the farm was just perfect!  I'm so grateful for the time spent with the Knarr family and I can't wait until we get to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment