Monday, April 11, 2011

Church and Beignets

Great weekend with Nana & Pop. I got to go to church with them at FUMC Columbus on Sunday which was a new experience. Thankfully I managed to avoid the nursery and talked my way into "Big Church." Most people probably think that I wasn't listening since I was busy coloring (I'm a girl, I can multi-task) but Dr. Sam's exposition on Ezekiel 37 was excellent.
2 main ideas I gleaned (yeah, I said gleaned):
1. make sure that I maintain the right perspective. It's always "O Lord, You know" and never
"O Lord, I got it."
2. before we go to church we must prepare our hearts. The Jewish people find their way to the Wailing Wall to pray or read the Scriptures, dance, sing, or still themselves before the Lord. They prepare themselves to hear a Word from the Lord and then they go expectantly.

The pictures above and below make my mouth water. Me and Nana made beignets and they were delicious....or as the french would say, "ils étaient délicieux."

--Much Love, Ella Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment