Sunday, April 19, 2015

What A Week!

This has been quite a busy week! Our church had a service day last Sunday instead of our normal worship/ Sunday School schedule.  I love that the church encourages us to get outside of the four walls of the sanctuary and love on our community!  I was in charge of coordinating a project at The Methodist Children's Home. We had around 20 adults and an army of eager children ready for demolition, clean up and painting in one of the homes.  It was truly an amazing time and made for some great conversations with our kids!
Tuesday night was our huge fundraiser for the United Methodist Women (yes, I'm an 80 year old lady!) my friend Laura and I were somehow given the responsibility of doing the tablescape for our circle group. We went with an "orphan care" theme...shocker since we are the leaders of the orphan care ministry! I love how our table turned out and it was so fun to see all the creative tables that filled the Fellowship Hall!  And as an added bonus, I even scored a beautiful handmade dress in the silent auction for Emma to wear to the wedding!!

We celebrated 4 months with Emma this week!  She and I snuck in a little swinging at the park time in between all the rain that has poured down on us this week.
I don't even know what to say about this guy!  I asked him what in the world he was doing and he said "I'm a working man!"  Um, what! What "working men" have you seen lately?
Thursday we got to watch the girls at dance and video their recital piece so they can practice at home.  I love watching her dance! She is seriously filled with so much joy!

Love her!
To celebrate the fact that we made it to the weekend, we enjoyed some Popsicles and bike riding in between downpours .

I love getting pictures of things that EK does at school. Her teacher sent this and I think my heart pretty much melted into a giant puddle on the floor!
Yesterday was Emma's 2nd birthday. It was super low key and honestly, it was so nice!
Mom, EK and I went to see The Little Mermaid at MRA. One of our students from church was Ariel, so that was extra special. EK absolutely loved every minute of the play! 
Fingers crossed that we will be back to our normal weekly happenings this coming week! Mama needs a nap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment