Friday, September 12, 2014

Celebrating a Life Well Lived




Saying goodbye is tough and this week, my family had to say goodbye to our sweet Mammaw Jones.  I am beyond thankful for the assurance we have in Christ that although we had to say goodbye on this side of Heaven, we will one day be reunited.  One of the pastors at the funeral described her as "simple goodness," and I love that.  She was a humble, kind, loving, and servant minded lady with some mean cooking skills.  She and my Papaw set such a beautiful example of what a Christian marriage should look like and I am so thankful for their witness to many others.  To be honest, I was worried as to how my Mammaw would make it when my Papaw passed away 9 years ago, but she proved us all wrong.  She was strong, and although I know it was lonely (and incredibly quiet) without Papaw, she continued to live in their home until she went in to the hospital this past week.  That's pretty incredible.  It makes my heart smile to think of the reunion they had on Sunday.  I consider myself very blessed to have had special relationships with all 4 of my grandparents and I am forever impacted by each of their lives and their legacies.  





No comments:

Post a Comment