Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A Few Things

Since receiving our referral last week, we got started on the mound of paperwork that came along with it.  We mailed in our intent to adopt Emma and were told we would receive our Letter of Acceptance (LOA) sometime in the next few weeks.  Well, 5 days later, we got our LOA!!!! That is CRAZY fast but I'm not complaining!!!!  As much as I whined and groaned about how long our Dossier had been in China, it was amazing to see that although it seemed as though nothing was going on, our paperwork had been on the move and helped to expedite this part of the process.  Over the past 2 days, I have been up to my eye balls in what appeared to be a never ending pile of documents.  Luckily, I sent off our signed LOA and our I-800 (immigration papers to bring Emma in the US) today.  We also were able to begin the visa application process.  We've been busy!!!!  Now we will wait on the approval of our I-800.  After that, we will file 1 or 2 more documents and wait for our TRAVEL INVITATION!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!
This past weekend, we went to Columbus to celebrate J's Meemaw's 95th birthday.  All three of Meemaw's children were able to be in town, 2 grandkids, and 4 little great grands were in attendance.  I don't think Meemaw liked all the attention one bit......=)

All 5 Nelson grandkids!!!!!!



I think Nana enjoyed having all her grands under one roof for the weekend too!

And in completely unrelated news, here are a few snaps from school.  I love that EK is there with my mama and I love that she has made some precious friendships as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment