Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sweet Summertime!

Yeah for SUMMER!!!! The end of a school year is always crazy busy, and this year is no exception.  We have so many fun things to do this summer and we are super excited.  My phone was getting pretty full of pictures of our recent happenings, so I thought I better share a few of them.

A couple of weekends ago, J was able to officiate the wedding of our precious friend Anne.  She was in our student ministry in Pelahatchie and it is always nice to go "home" to Shiloh!
Ella Kate and J have been quite busy because they have planted not one, but two gardens in our back yard.  EK is OBSESSED with checking the garden multiple times a day just to monitor the progress.  Hoping for a successful crop!!!

I cried when I opened my order from Baby Be Blessed.  Ella Kate got the doll of the right for Christmas one year, and I knew that sweet Emma would need one too.  So, before we even started our paperwork, I ordered the doll.  It came in this week!!!!  I love that scripture is on each doll and the ladies that make these, pray over each one.  I just can't wait to take that sweet doll to China when we go get Emma.  (a dress is being made for the doll so she doesn't have to remain unclothed!!)
We have been doing a lot of swinging on the front porch and on our swing set.  These two LOVE it!! Growing up, my cousins and sisters and I would play this amazing game called "Grand Canyon" on the big swing at my grandparents house.  We would spend hours on the swing trying to figure out how we would get across the Grand Canyon because our cable car/trolley type thing stopped mid way across the canyon.  Creative, right?  Anyway, it is one of my favorite memories from when I was young, so EK and I have been playing it daily.  It just makes my heart smile!


And speaking of sweet memories, this week marked the 8th anniversary of my Papaw Jones passing away, and the 2nd anniversary of my Mamaw Porter passing away.  I always get super emotional. 
 Ella Kate never knew Papaw Jones but she speaks of Mamaw Porter quite frequently.  While we were cleaning up all of Walker's party decorations, my precious baby girl said, "Mommy, I want to send these balloons up to Heaven since Mamaw couldn't be here today." I lost it, and we went outside and sent all those balloons on their way.  


We got the chance to go hang out with the Braddy's at their church's crawfish boil on Sunday afternoon.  J jokingly said "this is what it must feel like to be a church member!"  It was a different feeling for sure to not have all the pastoral duties, but it was super nice to just get to hang out with great friends and just play together as a family!
We went for a play date on Tuesday with some friends to the park in Sumrall.  It was a beautiful day and we had the park all to ourselves.  These two fair-skinned boogers LOVED playing in the water.  I see many return trips this summer in our future.
Have a GREAT Thursday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment