Saturday, May 18, 2013

Take Me Out to the Birthday



What a GREAT day we had! We got to celebrate our sweet Walker's 1st birthday and it was super fun!  We went with the baseball theme and with the help of Pinterest, I really like how all the decorations came together.
Thank you to The Cookie Mama for making the precious baseball cookies!!! And behind the cookies...my favorite baseball themed item at the party!!! Little plastic baseball hats for our homemade ice cream!!! I am OBSESSED with how cute they are!!!
                                

We have been so spoiled this weekend to have so much of our family with us!  Ella Kate did a bit of entertaining until Walker woke up from his nap.


 One of my favorite things that we did for Ella Kate's 1st birthday was to have all of her party guests write her a note with their hope/prayer for her when she turns 18.  I put the cards away in her special box that I will give her when she turns 18.  I obviously wanted to do this again for Walker.  The cards are so special and the one that Ella Kate wrote to him is just precious.  Not that I am wishing the time away, but how sweet will it be when he reads what his big sister wrote one day!!!

 That's right Walker! You throw that baseball with your LEFT hand!!!! 
 Both of my kids would love nothing more than to live with their 2 grandmothers!!! They would both ditch me in a second to go with Kay Kay and Nana!!!


 Walker got so many fun gifts and we are so thankful for the generosity that was shown to our little man.   The golf cart was a big hit and EK had fun pushing him all around the house...and then when he went to sleep, I found her sitting in it playing.

 (Dora photo bomb)









 My kid loves some ice cream!
 Our precious friends the Parsons came to celebrate Walker's day.  The day I went into labor with Walker, they came and picked up EK since our family had to drive in to town.  They are such special friends and we are so thankful for them. I do not know what we would do without them!!!

 Ella Kate was so glad to see Robert today...and we all were thankful for Robert's engineering abilities as he put together the tons of pieces that were needed for the golf cart!
 Happy little boy with Kay Kay and G
 These guys are some of the first people that saw Walker when we was born.  If Walker can grow up to be like these guys, I will be one proud mama.  So very thankful to have such Godly young men around to be such positive examples for my kids.

I think Papaw likes having a boy around!
 EK was thrilled that Will and Warren came to the party.  There are no words for how much we love their family.  I think I will just have to lay in front of the moving truck so they can't move to Florida.
 Our birthday cupcake today was not quite as messy as the red velvet, but I think he still enjoyed it!



 Happy Birthday Walker! 



1 comment:

  1. Happy 1st b-day, Walker Man! Love the party!! If Murphy's b-day wasn't on a football weekend for the rest of his life, I'd borrow your awesome decor in a heartbeat! Good job, Momma!

    ReplyDelete