Saturday, June 1, 2013

A Magical Trip!

It all started months ago with a simple statement.  As Ella Kate and Big G were watching television, a commercial for Disney World came on the TV.  EK said, "G, I want to go there!!!"  And so, the planning began! We have been so very excited to head to the Magic Kingdom and our trip did not disappoint!!!  Disclaimer:  There are a TON of pictures...and I'm not even sorry!!!! :)
On Wednesday,  we were at the gates for the Welcome Show and Rope Drop.  


What trip would be complete without the family picture in front of Cinderella's castle?
With the help of my friend Lynn Crowe, we had our "plan" in place as to how we would maximize our time and avoid the crowds.  I was incredibly pleased with how all of our planning paid off!  Between my planning, wait time apps, and fast passes, we only had to wait about 20 minutes max at any ride during an incredibly busy time of year!!!  I'm only slightly obsessive....

Once we made it in the park, we headed for the new Fantasyland area.  The Little Mermaid ride was so cute!!!
Of course, my favorite part of It's A Small World was the China area.  =)  Can't wait to have Emma home so we can take ALL our kids...in a few years!
Ella Kate LOVED the Peter Pan ride because she got to see Captain Hook...she is obsessed with him!
After our first few rides, we had a breakfast scheduled with the Princesses.  EK loves all things Disney Princess so I knew this was going to be our best shot at seeing all of her favorites.  She was a little timid at first, but quickly warmed up to them.  They were all so sweet and chatted with her and signed her autograph pillow case.

I love a parade and so does my child!
My little thrill seeker had a ball riding all the rides.  She only made me a little sick to my stomach making Dumbo go up and down.
She got to meet a few of her favorite characters as well.


 We were able to do everything that we wanted to do! The only snag we had all day occurred while we were riding Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride.  The weather report had shown a chance of rain all day.  It rained a bit while we were eating with the princesses that morning and we thought we were in the clear.  Well....not so much.  While on the magic carpet, the flood gates opened and we quickly became drowned rats!!! I wish there were pictures/video footage of this happening.  It was hysterical!!!  Luckily, the rain was short lived and after a quick change of clothes for EK, we were on to our next adventure!!!

The Electrical Light Parade is one of my favorites from Magic Kingdom!!!!
After the parade, we took in the fireworks and then headed back to the hotel for the night.  We had such a wonderful day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment