Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday Special

Confession....I am obsessed with kids clothing and all things smocked....like to the point of maybe needing an intervention!!!!  Today, my sweet little girl wore one of the most treasured pieces of clothing that I have for either of my children.  When I was pregnant with EK, I was digging through my Mamaw Porter's dresser that was filled with fabric.  She had quite the assortment of prints including an enormous amount of cow print.  Anyway, I happened upon this umbrella fabric and I don't really know why, but I was completely in love with it.  She had a ton of it, so I asked her if she would make a dress for EK out of it.  She agreed and got to work.  She always had tons of projects going at once, so she would always joke with me about it and say she would have it ready before Ella Kate turned three.  Mamaw finished the dress and a few months later went to be with Jesus.  Tears filled my eyes as I got my baby dressed today in one of my favorite dresses made by one of the most precious people I have ever met.  When I told EK how pretty she looked she said, "I know! It's because my Mamaw made my dress!"




1 comment:

  1. PRECIOUS! Love the dress, love the story, love the girl, love you!

    ReplyDelete