Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Celebrating the Twins

Over the weekend, Mom, Haley and I flew to Virginia to help celebrate our sweet Katie and her twins. 

I know I have talked about Katie on this dear blog many times but she is so much more like a sister to me and not just my cousin. We are 6 months a part and we have gotten to share so many precious times together over the years (including terrible fashion choices, interpretive dances to the Free Willy soundtrack, and our beloved made up game of Grand Canyon, just to name a few.) I am so thankful for our friendship!!! It has been quite a journey over the last couple of years for Katie and her husband as they have wanted to start a family. We are all overjoyed for them as they prepare for their much prayed for and loved twins who are set to arrive towards the end of November!  
My sisters and I, along with 2 of Katie's best friends from birth and her sister in law had the privilege of hosting a baby shower in her honor out at the farm. My cousin Tyler's wife Liz is pregnant as well!!! Babies all around!!! So much fun!!!

All the Porter sisters and grandchildren were together and I know Mamaw and Papaw would be so proud to see us all together celebrating. 

Liz and Tyler's house is amazing and it was so sweet of them to open it up for us to use for the shower. It was so much fun to see all the new gadgets and precious clothes for Anne Porter and Langdon. Tiny baby things are the best!!!
I love these sweet cards that Haley made! Everyone offered their advice and encouragement for the new parents. 
I am always thankful for time when my sisters and I are all together. 
Our weekend was simply perfect!  I'm so grateful to have been with Katie and celebrate this special time. I can hardly wait to hold Anne Porter and Langdon!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment