Monday, February 17, 2014

February So Far

This month has been jammed packed with goodness.  I was able to go to the Created For Care conference in Atlanta.  There is just something pretty special about 450+ adoptive mamas coming together to worship the Lord, connect with each other, soak up amazing teaching, and just be filled with encouragement.  I did not know a single person going, but met my new BFFs (top right picture) the first morning when they met at my house to carpool to Atlanta.  That many hours in the van creates a pretty special bond!!! I was also able to meet Erica (bottom left) who was a big part of helping to get sweet Max Gordon home...so that was really special!!
The kids were living it up while I was gone.  EK had a Daddy/Daughter Date Day with J.  After school, they had a CFA lunch, followed by a trip to the Children's Museum.  They went to J's crossfit class and EK showed all of J's workout people how she "exercises."  I wish there was video footage of that goodness.  They ended the day with a little showchoir competition.  They were able to see Hattiesburg people and all of our CUMC junior high kids perform.  EK loved it, but crashed towards the end since it was a super late night.
On Saturday, she went to spend the day and night with Kay Kay and G.  They made a ton of precious Valentine crafts because girlfriend LOVES a project!

Walker Man went to Columbus for the weekend.  He spent every minute outside....such a little boy... until that sweet thing went and stood by the bedroom door with his blanket in hand telling Nana it was time to rock.  Rotten.
As much as I loved my conference, it was amazing to get back home to these two.  I just love them.

Ok.  This picture just makes me laugh.  This is so Walker.  He loves to be pushed around in the doll stroller, so why not turn it in to his own recliner.  Bless him.
We kicked off Valentine's Day with a little party at school.  EK made all of her Valentine's for her class and she was thrilled to deliver them to all of her friends.  She was pretty bummed though to say "good bye for now" to her best buddy Sienna.  Sienna's daddy plays baseball and it's time for them to head back to Cali until after baseball season ends.  Sadness.
After school, we met the Nelsons in Winona and headed north to Hernando to see Disney Jr. Live.  Sweet Sally let us spend the night with them and catch the show.  EK absolutely LOVED it!!!!

Ella Kate and Vera Kate played so well together.  I am beyond thankful for my friends and I especially love that my kids get to be friends with my best friends kids too.

J was in Houston for the weekend at the Passion conference, so the kids and I hung out in Columbus.  Who would have thought that empty Febreeze bottles filled with water would entertain my kids for hours?!?!?!?  They seriously had a blast with those bottles and washed everything imaginable outside.  So very thankful for beautiful weather!!!
I got to spend Saturday afternoon at my "happy place."  There is no place like Dudy Noble and I'm super excited to watch the Dawgs head back to Omaha this year!
This week seems to be pretty relaxed.  We do have a conference call with the China team from our agency, so that is exciting.  We are all logged in in China which means we can be contacted at any time with a file to review!!!!  Can't wait for Emma to join in on all our craziness!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun update! Oh that pic of W with his footie-pj feet propped up! Swoon! :)

    ReplyDelete