Thursday, May 12, 2011

Recent Happenings

Let me start off by bragging on my sweet and thoughtful husband. Please look at the AMAZING painting he had done for me for Mother's Day!!!! L.O.V.E. it!!!!!! J ALWAYS comes up with the most special and thoughtful gifts. He is so good!!! I am so anxious to get this framed and up on our wall. And a huge thank you to our amazingly talented friend Lissa Ortego for painting this precious picture for me.
Ella Kate and I went to Jackson last Monday to welcome home Haley and Jordan from school. EK was ecstatic to see her aunts and quickly forgot about her mother!!! There were lots of bubbles blown, Barney episodes watched, books read, and hours of playing done by these three.

Look closely, you can see EK's bubble....and look at that support from Jo!!! Cheering her on all the way!!!

Another reason that Ella Kate and I went to Jackson was to visit my Mamaw Porter. She was scheduled to have surgery last Tuesday, so we were there with her. EK LOVES her Mamaw, and Mamaw LOVES her EK!!! Well, there were some complications with the surgery and Mamaw ended up in ICU for a while but on Mother's Day, was moved to a regular room. She is a fighter!!!
My cousin Katie flew down from Virginia to visit Mamaw as well. Ella Kate and Katie instantly bonded....thanks to the fact that Katie let EK play with her make up!!! EK is all girl and LOVES some make up!!! It was so great to get to visit with Katie and we want to say a huge CONGRATS to her because she will graduate from Wake Forest on Saturday with her MBA!!!! Yeah Katie!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment