Wednesday, March 30, 2011

21 months

Happy 21 Months to Miss Ella Kate! She is quite a mess these days but oh so very much fun! She talks non stop...seriously! Her vocabulary has grown so much lately and she really says the funniest things. For example, we were getting ready to go to church and she looked at herself and said, "I cute." I told her "yes, you are." Then she looked at me and said "Mommy cute too." I told her thank you...gotta love some encouragement from the little one!!! Another day, I told her that she was beautiful and she responded with "I know." Think she has heard it a time or two? She even says a precious "bless you" when someone sneezes....LOVE IT!!! EK is still very in to her books. Her favorite right now is a French book that was mine when I was little. We read it like 20 times a day....no lie. She even responds to a few French questions like "what is your name", etc. She will answer "oui" and "non" too. Funny little girl. She sings all the time too. Usually "twinkle, twinkle" "wheels on the bus" and "itsy bitsy spider" are what I catch her singing. She is getting really good at the potty. I believe next week is going to be the week we seriously potty train. She LOVES to go in the potty especially when it means she can get out of the bath tub to go. I will keep you posted as to how it goes next week. Wish me luck! She loves to color and does a pretty good job. She even holds her crayon and pencil correctly. So proud. She loves her puzzles and her baby dolls. She is currently obsessed with "Baby Jude," her Baby Be Blessed doll. We know several babies named Jude, so I guess that is where the name has come from. "Baby Jude" goes everywhere with EK. She is also obsessed with all things trains, planes, and automobiles (really just buses). To be such a girl, she does love these fairly boyish things. She loves when she goes to Madison because my parents take her to the little airport in Madison to watch the planes take off and land. She would sit there all day. Moving on now....
Yesterday, my grandparents and 2 of my aunts came to Hattiesburg for a visit. We had a great visit and Ella Kate loved being the center of attention. We were sad that mom's sub got sick so she didn't get to come and had to miss our little party.
Aunt Diane was in Mississippi from Virginia so we were so happy she came down to see us! I wish we got to visit more often!!!! She brought Ella Kate a train puzzle that makes choo choo noises. Ella Kate LOVES it!!!
I love, love, love this little girl so much!!!! This is her "say cheese" face....LOVE HER!!!!

1 comment:

  1. She is getting so big!!! I love all of the precious stories in this post! I also love how much EK hams it up for the camera. ADORABLE! I can't wait to see you guys!!! Just a few more very hectic weeks...then, FREEDOM and FAMILY!!!

    ReplyDelete