Thursday, February 10, 2011

Playing in Madison

J was away at a retreat this past weekend and then had Breakthru meetings on Monday and Tuesday, so Ella Kate and I packed up and headed to Madison. We had a super time and stayed pretty busy. On Friday, we ventured out in the wintery weather to the Children's Museum. (I am going to do a separate post with those pictures.) After that, we met G for a little Trace Grill and MRA basketball. It sure is less stressful to watch now then it was when Haley was playing. I was always a nervous wreck!!! On Saturday morning, EK played with G and Kay Kay and I headed to a Beauty Control Spa Party that Sally's sweet mom put on. I LOVED getting to hang out with these girls, and I so wish we could do it more often!!!!Saturday night, my Mamaw and Papaw came over for red beans and rice....MMMMMMMMM, my favorite!!!!
Ella Kate cheered on the bulldogs to a victory over LSU...it was an absolutely HORRIBLE game to watch, but a win is a win.
Ella Kate loves her Papaw. They both share a passion for trains. Papaw sought out the train depot place in Madison county to take EK. Last weekend, they went together to see all the choo choos. Ella Kate LOVED it. I have some pictures that I will load soon.
My sweet Mamaw made the little dress that Ella Kate is wearing here. I love Mamaw made dresses!!! Thank you Mamaw!!!!
On Sunday, we were able to go to Grace City Church with my parents. It is truly amazing how God has grown this church in the past 6 months. It has been incredible to watch!!!! If you are in the Jackson area, you should really check it out!!!
Ella Kate thinks that Brantley (or any dog for that matter) is her best friend. Poor Brantley is blind and has no idea what is going on. He is really sweet with her though.
On Monday, we went to play with the Blair kids....and Annie, their dog.
Ella Kate and Anne Marie...double names and big bows....you gotta love the south!!!!
The teacher in me must brag. Ella Kate was playing with the duplos and I looked over at her and saw her creation. Yep, that's an AB pattern she made!!! I was super excited and immediately snapped a picture. I am one proud teacher/mom!!!
My little monkey LOVES the drums. She plays them every week at church and really has pretty good rhythm...she got it from her daddy!!! I am thrilled though to leave this set of drums at the Blair's house. I don't know if I could handle them all the time at our house!!!
These two had a great time playing together. They are both at such fun ages and really interact. Thanks Amanda for letting us hang out with you guys!!!!

1 comment: