Saturday, September 17, 2016

Then I Saw Her Face


It has been 2 years since I received a phone call that changed our family forever. As I think back to that day, it was so wild.  The night before was a match night and we did not get a call. We were bummed but after 7 months of match nights, we were kind of used to the disappointment and would just say "maybe next month."  That is why it truly caught us off guard to get a phone call on a random Tuesday. I was on my way to bible study when my phone rang. I flew to the church and started calling J. Tuesdays are always full of meetings for him, but luckily after 5 phone calls to him and 1 phone call to one of the pastors, he was able to meet me. We sat in the foyer of our church and opened the email we had waited so long to see. We spent quite a while staring at her beautiful face and studying every detail about our adorable baby girl. It was perfect. She was perfect! 2 years ago, we never could have imagined that life with that sweet girl could be so full and we only thought our hearts were bursting with love for her then. The Lord really does write the best stories and we are so very grateful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment