Thursday, January 21, 2016

Lately

My blog posting seems to have taken a vacation after the craziness of December, but here's a little bit of what has been keeping us busy. 

EK started tennis lessons. She has been so excited about this! Now, if only the weather would cooperate!  She has had practiced rained out twice. 
I was able to go to Breakthru with J and our students last weekend. I think it was my 13th time to go with him. Jesus showed up and showed out and it was truly incredible to be involved in such a wonderful weekend.
This was our biggest crew to take in our years in ministry. 246 is a lot of humans to keep alive!  We are so thankful for them and the opportunity to worship and serve alongside them. 
Some of our dear Hattiesburg friends were able to join us as small group leaders. Love these sweet girls!
This was my cabin of 8th grade girls. Can we just take a minute to acknowledge the fact that people don't seem to go through that awkward middle school phase like I did?!?! They are all so beautiful, inside and out!
While J and I were away, the kids enjoyed a fun filled weekend with the grandparents. My parents took the big kids to see the Harlem Globetrotters on Friday night. Walker thought it was awesome and talked about it for a while when he came home. He was disappointed that there was no unicycle....I'm not even sure why he thought there would be one?
EK stayed the rest of the weekend in Madison and W and Em went to Columbus. EK convinced G to take her to the Children's Museum...for 4 1/2 hours!  She loved every minute. 
They practiced a little tennis one afternoon as well. 
Walker and Emma played and played with Nana and Pop. They visited the nursing home, went to see friends, and had a grand time. J and I are so thankful to have awesome parents who are always willing to keep our wild and rowdy bunch. 
How about that rainbow over EK's school?!?? Such a beautiful sight one morning this week! 
We have some fun things ahead of us in the next few weeks. Maybe that will provide me with some suitable blog material...maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment