Saturday, January 9, 2016

Hello, 2016

Happy New Year!  We have been enjoying a slower pace and getting back into our routine around here. So, here's a little recap.....

We cheered on the Bulldogs and filled our tummies with lots of gameday goodies. Haley and Robert are excellent hosts!  The game was great and we won fairly easily.  My kids were more interested in watching a show on the iPad as opposed to seeing Dak in his final game in the maroon and white. I'm not going to lie, I teared up a bit when he made his final exit from the game. Love him!

The girls got bunk beds in their room to make room for the doll house. They LOVE them and Emma has done beautifully in her big girl bed. EK wanted me to include an updated picture of the doll house. We have now wallpapered the rooms and added flooring. She is collecting artwork for the walls now and is having a blast decorating!
My parents took the kids one afternoon while our house was showing. They started out at Bass Pro where Walker got to help the worker feed the fish, they smashed pennies, played games, and admired the aquarium.
They ate lunch at McDonald's and then went to the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie. The kids loved it!
After the movie, they went to make s'mores with Haley and Robert. So much fun!!!
We started back to school this week. EK had to come with me on Monday since they didn't start until Tuesday. She was a big helper. 
She played and read with my crew all morning. She commented that they don't listen very well. I had to remind her that they are 2 years old and they don't listen to me very well either. 
Emma and Robert did a little rocking at the Cracker Barrel. She's pretty smitten with him for sure!
I guess that's about it for us. EK is crossing her fingers that it doesn't rain on Thursday. She is supposed to have tennis lessons, and they were rained out this week. She was a sad little girl! Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment