Monday, July 13, 2015

A Whole Lot of Randomness

It's no huge shock but it is HOT in MS! We are loving the new gourmet Popsicle shop in town. They are seriously delicious and oh so refreshing on these miserably hot days!
Emma starts to turn into a pumpkin when it gets close to naptime. Two days in a row, I cut our lunch time a little too close and she just gave up right there in her chair.
We took EK and W to see Inside Out. It was really a cute movie and they seemed to enjoy it...so much so that Walker spent the majority of the movie laughing hysterically and extremely loudly when everyone else in the theater was quiet. Oh well.
Sometimes they ask me to take their picture and the stars align and they all cooperate.
I guess it's because I am constantly taking their pictures, but wherever we go, they sit/stand/pose and say, "what about here? Do you want to take our picture here?" Why yes, I would love to take your picture on the alter rail after the service.
My friend Laura and I were thrilled with the response to our supply drive for the orphan care ministry. I'm not even sure if I mentioned it on here but we collected children's medicines, vitamins and various other supplies that Lifeline Children's Services needed for their partnership orphanages in China over the last month. They are sending a team in August and will carry these supplies with them.
This is a common occurrence at my house. I'm 99% sure a dance performance to "Let it Go" was about to happen when this picture was taken.
Our friend Taylor spent last week with us while she helped at the dance camp at church. EK so loved having a "big kid" stay with us. She also really loved headband day at camp. (Taylor even wore one of EKs bows so they could match!)
Walker spent a few days playing in Columbus while EK was busy at camp. He went swimming, boating, did some cooking and sewing and pretty much had the best time ever. And yes, that's a plunger. He chose that as his prize at the store because, why not?
I caught EK sneaking lipstick on Emma. EK said, "well she is a woman, you know."  Oh geez.
One night, Taylor babysat the kids so J and I could have a date night. She promised to paint EKs nails. Well, when Emma saw what was going on, she darted across the room with her fingers and toes spread apart ready for her mani/pedi. She is such a sassy little thing!
My birthday was the other day and it was such a fun and good day. My parents and Haley took the kids to lunch so J and I could go on a lunch date and then they brought me Primo's cookies and petit fours. Walker cooked cupcakes in Columbus and brought them back to me as well. 4 out of 4 people at my house during naptime took naps and that was stinking amazing!  We went to dinner at The Trace Grill with my parents and Haley. I got to open presents which was a treat and then we went to my parents to see J's present that he was hiding.....a precious bike. Seriously, how cute is that???
The kids played outside for a bit before we headed home.
These 3 make me feel every bit of 33....(more like 83 though. They are exhausting!)
We had an open house yesterday, so mom and dad took the big two to see Minions. They LOVED it!
Emma did a little work at G's office today. (Not pictured....Walker coloring G's entire calendar with a highlighter. Oops!)
July is flying by and school will be here in less than a month! We still have some more summer fun to cram in though before we break out our backpacks and get back in a routine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment