Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Shower for Wendy

Yesterday was such a treat!!! My best friends from college and I got to celebrate with the Bride-to-be Wendy.  We have all been so excited to get to visit because it does not get to happen very often. We made the most of our time too!!! Meaghan was so gracious and let us have the shower at her house.  Meaghan, Sally, Lauren and I even had a spend the night party Friday night to get everything ready!  I haven't stayed up until 2 am (besides for a baby) in a ridiculously long time! We were feeling it by early evening Saturday too, but it was oh so worth it!!! The Lord truly has blessed my life with such amazing, Godly friends!!! Now on to the shower...

The beautiful bride Wendy...it was so very fun to listen to Wendy share stories of how she and CT met, the proposal, and talk about the wedding.  We are so very excited for her and can't wait until June!!!
 Anna Katherine, Meaghan, Abby, Sally, Wendy, Lauren, me, and Claire....these girls are my favorite part of Delta Gamma
 Seriously....how precious is Mea's house???? LOVE it!!!!
 No party is complete without Mrs. Miller's chicken salad.  She was the house mother at the DG house while we were in school and was famous for her 16 ways to prepare chicken.  This was by far the best and favorite recipe.  It was every bit as good as I remember...maybe even better!!!
 The Cookie Mama came through again with some adorable cookies.  They could not have been any cuter and were just the perfect addition to all the mason jars we used in the decor.  
Thank you Shannon!!! 
 My friends are hysterical and when we were in college we were obsessed with all things weddings.  So, what do you do on a random weekend??? Create the most amazing (and by amazing, I mean HORRIBLE) wedding idea book imaginable.   I am so happy that Meaghan found the book and was able to pass on all of our ideas to Wendy and I just can't wait until June to see which things she will go with in her wedding.  Maybe it will be Jack Cristil as the wedding officiate, or the MSU fight song as she walks down the aisle??  
After the shower, we went over to Dudy Noble to check our the Diamond Dawgs...unfortunately I got to witness the first loss of the season...oh well, it was fun to get to continue spending time with my Besties!!!! Check out those muscles on Murphy!!!! I could eat him up with a spoon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment