Friday, July 20, 2012

Summer Randomness

I can hardly believe that our summer is beginning to wind down so quickly! We are so enjoying life these days and we seem to find a million things to keep us busy!!! Where to begin?  Since my last post, I hit a pretty large milestone.  Yep, I'm 30 now.  WOW! I used to think 30 was soooo old....now, not so much! I had a fabulous day thanks to my sweet family and friends.  Mom even drove down to Hburg to keep the kids so J and I could go out to eat.  Pure bliss.  Have I mentioned before how much I miss living in the same town as our family????? Anyway, the next day, mom took Ella Kate back to Madison for some special Ella Kate time.  She was SUPER excited to go and she had a blast going to Chunky Cheese (that is what my Mamaw always called it, therefore I still refer to it as that! And as a side note...when did they change their pizza to gas station pizza??? Gross!), playing at the park, watching Sprout, and just being the princess for a little while.

While Ella Kate was away, we got to enjoy some good snuggles with this little dude.  I could just eat him up he is so sweet! We also took on a pretty substantial project at the church.  With the help of some students and some adults we suckered in, we painted all the youth Sunday School and small group classrooms, and our youth worship space.  This was quite the undertaking, but the end result is a ton better than before we started.

This week, J and the students have been participating in Missions Hattiesburg.  They have been doing all sorts of service projects around town.  The Nelsons came down to keep the kids so that I could help J  at Missions Hattiesburg.  The students did an amazing job painting, building, doing yard work, picking veggies at the local food pantry, doing backyard Bible clubs, and lots of other things.  It is truly awesome to see so many high school kids give up part of their summer to serve those around them.

We also want to give a big shout out to Auntie Jordan!!!! She takes the BAR EXAM NEXT WEEK!!!! We know she will do a FABULOUS job!!!! We love you Jo!!! As Daddy says, "take names and kick butt!!!"
Aunt Carolyn stopped by today and Ella Kate was beyond excited.  Thanks to Aunt Carolyn for the new "jewels" that EK is sporting! They accent her favorite leotard perfectly!!!!

And just for fun...here is Ella Kate showing off her dinner from tonight.  She said, "Thank you Mommy.  This is so yummo!"  I guess we may have the Food Network and our dear "friend" Rachel Ray on a bit too much!!! Oh well!!
Here's to a great rest of the summer!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love all these pics, but especially the one of you and Walker-man!!!

    ReplyDelete