Sunday, August 7, 2016

Peace Out, Summer!

My alarm is set for tomorrow morning which can only mean one thing, it's time for school to begin!  I start back in the morning, EK starts later in the week and the little 2 start back next Monday. I can't believe it is already time for school, but here we are, ready or not!  We have enjoyed a fairly clear schedule since surgery and it has been just about perfect!  EK went to cheer camp and loved every minute of it!  She even won an award for the craziest hair on the crazy hair theme day!

The girls had a pep rally on the last day of camp. We are all ready for football season thanks to all the sweet little cheerleaders. 
Walker wanted me to take a picture before church one day, so of course I was happy to snap a few!

Emma gave us quite the scare yesterday morning! She woke up with blood all over her face and bed. There was so much blood, it was hard to tell where it was coming from and I was just praying that it was not some sort of post surgical complication.  I messaged our favorite pediatrician/friend Pam, and our surgeon's nurse practitioner who happened to be my college roommate.  Both said it could possibly just be a nose bleed but it would be best to call and check with the plastic surgeon on call. I talked with her and she encouraged me to bring Emma in to the ER to be checked. Luckily, after several doctors examined her, they decided it was just a nosebleed and her palate all seemed to be ok. Yay. That was a positive for sure! The negatives......4 hours in the ER and 3 grown men having to hold down the strongest 3 year old ever as they tried to draw her blood. Horrible!  Let's just hope that is the only excitement we have during the 3 weeks of this surgery recovery we have left!  
It has been a good couple of months at home with my people. We are all looking forward to starting this new school year. Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment