Sunday, April 17, 2016

Happenings

April is zipping by, so here are a few of the highlights....

Our school's huge fundraiser is coming up in a few weeks, so I have been busy with my committee creating some precious art with all the K3-5th grade students to sell. The kids did an amazing job and the student art team was fabulous to work with. There was prepping, painting, glazing and bagging to be done for nearly 600 canvases...needless to say, we were all pretty pumped to finish this giant task!
A perk to helping with the art was that I got to hang out with EK and her friends while they painted. I love getting to watch her in her school element!
G took Walker fishing last weekend. Walker caught 3 fish and seemed quite pleased with himself. Their fishing trip lasted about 45 minutes and then Walker was over it and ready to head home.😊
After the fishing, it was time for some planting. Mom helped the kids plant some flowers in the backyard and I am happy to report that all are still alive over a week later....that's a big deal for me!  I have a black thumb. 


We are loving the great temperatures and spending our days playing in the new back yard! 
It is almost recital time for my favorite ballerina. We got to observe her dances this week but I can't wait to see her for real performance in a few weeks!
We spent the night in Columbus on Friday. The kids made cupcakes and shared them with the firemen at the station down the street from the Nelson's house. J and I were able to watch some Bulldog baseball while the kiddos had a blast with Nana and Pop. Unfortunately, a tummy bug joined our family this weekend, so we are all at home resting up and recovering because we have a birthday to celebrate tomorrow. Miss Emma will be 3!!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment