Friday, November 28, 2014

Jones Thanksmus

We spent our Thanksgiving in Amory with the annual Jones Family Thanksmus.  If I'm being honest, I was a bit apprehensive about how today would be since it has only been a couple of months since Mamaw passed away.  Although things were different, I would say it was good for all of us to be together!
My grandparents had a huge Christmas village set up year round.  Matt brought it all to his house, set it up, and then let everyone pick the pieces they wanted to take home.  Walker chose the fire station (shocker) and EK picked a small nativity.

My Papaw always played BINGO with us and we could win a dollar or two.  I NEVER won. Anyway, Matt put on one of Papaw's hats and brought the game back after 10 years (it is hard to believe Papaw has been gone that long.)  Everyone got in on the action and I am happy to report that I was the second person to BINGO today! The curse is broken!  Someone (who shall remain nameless, but wears really large bows) did her fair share of pouting until she was successful at filling her card.  I can't imagine where she gets that from!


These cute little cousins had a big time together!
Wild Man was thrilled with his new drill.  He kept saying "I help Robert work."
EK received some fancy makeup.  Aunt Diane was the first to get a makeover.  Bless her.
More is more when it comes to eye makeup!
Walker did a little work outside while the big kids played football.
EK was pretty excited about her cash register.  She keeps saying "clean up on aisle 42!"
Big G and his princess.
Walker was all excited to take this picture before we left because he thought he was riding home with G and Kay Kay to their house. Sorry Bud, you are stuck with us.
I am so thankful for all the things and people The Lord has given to me.  He has been so gracious and I am thrilled to see all He has in store...like bringing home our little girl in a couple of weeks!!! EEEEKKK!

No comments:

Post a Comment